This coverage helps protect against excessive daytime rainfall, which creates unusable track conditions, as well as evening rainfall that impacts revenue due to reduced attendance.
Unlike the traditional rain insurance coverage, this coverage allows you to choose two separate coverage periods, each with its own rainfall threshold. Therefore, a claim could be paid for rain that disrupts either the event or the track preparation.
Stated Value Policy: There are no audits or adjustments, and cancellation is NOT required to receive a claim payment.
- A claim payment schedule that better reflects the impact rainfall will have on your event.
- No need to insure one long period covering track prep and event hours.
- No need to over-insure by placing two policies, each with a limit equal to the full financial exposure.
- Saves premium dollars relative to buying two separate coverages.
|6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
|6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Aggregate Limit = $15,000*
*Aggregate Limit is paid if either coverage period receives excessive rainfall but not both.
Rainfall Verification Options
- Closest National Weather Service Location: Rainfall measured at the nearest NWS location, usually a major or regional airport, may be used at no additional cost.
- Independent On-site Weather Observer (IWO): The insured may locate and hire (approx. $35/hour) a qualified IWO to measure rainfall on site. IWO usage is subject to approval.
- Third-Party Observer: Rainfall determined by off-site company using primarily Doppler radar data. Fee is approximately $50-$75 per insured date.